Capricho Catalan (1890)
Isaac Albeniz (1860 – 1909)
Saxophone Quartet, flexible instrumentation
Capricho Catalan by Isaac Albeniz, arranged for saxophone quartet SATB or AATB with additional parts. This piece is the fifth movement of the suite España by Albeniz. It offers a delicate melody played over a gently pulsing ostinato. Originally for piano solo, here it is scored for saxophone quartet SATB. Additional parts are included to allow flexibility in your ensemble. This arrangement includes the following parts (alternate parts are in italics):
- Full Score
- Soprano Sax
- Alto Sax 1
- Alto Sax 2, soprano sax double (very high range)
- Alto Sax 3, tenor sax double
- Tenor Sax
- Tenor Sax 2, bari sax double (or Bass Sax)
- Bari Sax
- The range for each saxophone part is shown below.
- Audio and score excerpts are available above.
- Registered users can download a complete sample score and full length audio file of Capricho Catalan on the ‘Samples’ tab.