Curro Cuchares (1915)
Gerardo Metallo (1871-1946)
Saxophone Quartet, flexible scoring
Curro Cúchares by Gerardo Metallo, arranged for saxophone quartet. Curro Cúchares was composed by Gerrardo Metallo in 1915. This Spanish March is extremely popular with accordion players but there are many other arrangements as well. Curro Cúchares is sometimes given the English title of “The Bullfighter” or “The Sharp Shooter’s March”.
This version of Curro Cúchares is arranged for SATB saxophone quartet and transposed to the key of E flat. It is scored for SATB saxophone quartet but there are three alternate parts: Alto substitute for Soprano Sax, Alto substitute for Tenor Sax, and Tenor substitute for Alto sax. Parts included:
- Full Score
- Soprano Sax
- Alto Sax 1
- Tenor Sax
- Baritone Sax
- Alto Sax 2 substitute for Soprano Sax
- Alto Sax 3 substitute for Tenor Sax
- Tenor Sax 2 substitute for Alto 1
Using the alternate parts, there is a good deal of flexibility in the instrumentation. The melody moves from instrument to instrument and includes a bari sax solo.
- The range for each saxophone part is shown below.
- Audio and score excerpts are available above.
- Registered users can download a complete sample score and full length audio file of Curro Cuchares on the ‘Samples’ tab.