Variations on La ci darem la Mano, WoO. 28, (1795)
Ludwig van Beethoven, (1770- 1827)
SAT or SAB Saxophone Trio
Variations on La ci darem la Mano WoO. 28 by Beethoven, arranged for saxophone trio. This set of variations was originally written for two oboes and English horn. This arrangement is for saxophone trio: soprano, alto, and tenor or baritone. The eight variations are based on the famous aria from Mozart’s opera, “Don Giovanni”.
This saxophone trio arrangement of Variations on La ci darem la Mano is in the original key of C except for variations 2 and 3 which have been transposed into the key of A flat. The soprano part is more demanding but the alto and tenor/bari parts are featured in variations as well. The following parts are included:
- Full Score (the bari sax part is not shown in the score. It doubles the tenor sax)
- Soprano Sax
- Alto Sax
- Tenor Sax
- Baritone Sax (Double for tenor sax)
- The range for each saxophone part is shown below.
- Audio and score excerpts are available above.
- Registered users can download a complete sample score and full length audio file of Variations on La ci darem la Mano, WoO. 28 on the ‘Samples’ tab.